So you’ve got a bunch of WordPress sites and need a platform to manage them all? Luckily, there are multiple options for WordPress. Today we’ll look at WordPress Multisite and how well it matches up to FLATsite.
FLATsite a static site generator that allows you to manage multiple WordPress sites from a single dashboard. WordPress Multisite also allows you to manage multiple sites. While both at the core carry out the same function, they have differences in what they offer.
Let’s do a quick comparison of both.
What is WordPress Multisite?
Multisite can be thought of as a sort of WordPress installation that allows you to establish and administer a network of several websites from a single WordPress dashboard.
By using this Multisite platform, you’re able to do updates and make changes to all of your WordPress sites in one place.
Here’s the deal, as a user of a WordPress Multisite Network, you’re able to create new sites instantly, and manage them using the same username and password. It also allows other users to sign up and create their own blogs while using your domain.
You have access to advanced settings as a WordPress Multisite user, allowing you to personalize each website or blog on your network.
WordPress Multisite Pros
So next on the agenda are WordPress Multisite pros and cons. Of course, the pro that stands out from the get-go is the fact that using a multisite is better than managing all your websites on a standalone basis. Here are few others you’ll definitely appreciate:
- Each site that is part of your WordPress Multisite Network can have its own administrator. As an admin, you can manage only the website you manage.
- You can install and activate plugins and themes for all of your sites with only one download.
- The power of a single ‘master’ install updates all your WordPress sites, including plugins and themes.
WordPress Multisite Cons
And of course, there will be cons. So, let’s explore them:
- All sites on the multisite network share resources. So if your network or website is down, all the websites that are part of the network will go down as well.
- If you are a newbie to managing website traffic and server resources it can be a challenge. That said, you should keep in mind that if one of your websites receives an unexpected surge in traffic, the performance of the other websites that are part of your network will be affected.
- If hackers gain access to one site, they’ll be able to gain access to all your sites.
- Keep in mind that not all plugins will work on a multisite network.
- Not all web hosts are able to manage a multisite network. So, be sure to choose a webhosting company that can properly support your WordPress multisite network.
What exactly is FLATsite?
FLATsite, the all-in-one platform for building and managing static websites, allowing users all of the backend functionality of a WordPress website while publishing in a static or flat format.
The advantages of using FLATsite
Remember earlier when we spoke about FLATsite being a static generator that allows you to manage multiple WordPress sites from a single platform? We’ll now look at the advantages of using FLATsite over a WordPress Multisite Network.
- If you’re seeking to manage hundreds of WordPress websites from a single dashboard with an innovative platform that focuses on user experience and security, then FLATsite provides just that.
- With FLATsite, you can convert all of your dynamic WordPress websites to static, making your WordPress sites lightning fast and safe.
- Beyond that, static sites operate from a serverless framework, which makes them perfect for SEO.
- Even better, FLATsite automatically updates WordPress plugins and themes to improve performance and eliminate security vulnerabilities.
- As a CMS, WordPress is prone to hacks but as a static website, your WordPress dashboard is separated from the live website, removing it from potential hacks.
- The best part comes in the form of being able to install WordPress directly to your FLATsite server. From there, you can begin developing websites from this single dashboard. There will nothing to upload or download to your computer.
for more on FLATsite, go here.
As mentioned before, WordPress multisite and FLATsite both allow users to access and manage multiple sites from a single platform. However, FLATsite takes things a step further as it works as a static site generator too. This helps to helps to improve your sites SEO, boost site speed and make WordPress sites unhackable. So, start FLATsite today for $1.00 for your first month and $9.95 for the following months depending on the plan.